Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Another thought provoking email

((Dragging out "SUDS"...))
Ohh let me introduce you to 'SUDS'..Suds is my puppy..well really he's a soapbox and I stand on his back pretty regular sometimes. He's got cute little ears, flat and strong back..and short stout legs! So ..Suds, my little soapbox..it's time to get to work!

Here is another email that I received a few days back. I read it, was absolutely in agreement and could really get on a soap box about this so here I am, standing on Suds to tell you all about it!
I'm spreadin' the word on this one. I think this is a FANTASTIC idea, should be implemented into governement regulations and WHY in the world it hasn't already been done is beyond me! SO let's spread this word..let's fuss, let's stir up some dust and think about getting this into 'state gubment regs'...

Ok..I DO NOT KNOW WHO WROTE THIS..have no clue. BUT Congrats to the person who did..a big pat on the back to you! Thanks to my niece Amanda for sending me this one!
Here ya go..the email:

URINE or you're out!

JOB URINE TEST

Like a lot of folks in this state, I have a job. I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit.
In order to get that paycheck, I am required to pass a random urine test with which I have no problem.
What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test.
Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check, because I have to pass one to earn it for them?
Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sitting on their BUTT, doing drugs, while I work. . . .
Can you imagine how much money the state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?
Pass this along if you agree or simply delete if you don't.
Hope you all will pass it along, though . . . Something has to change in this country -- and soon!!!!! We could title that program, 'Urine or You're Out'.



**Only ONE issue with this email....NOT all people who receive assistance sit on their butts...they are working and trying.
BUT I can certainly agree with the 'drug tests' or no check.
Soooo whatdyathink?

See ya next time......down on the farm!

Sage

No comments: