Thursday, January 13, 2011

According to Farmers Almanac

 Today is January 13, there are 66 more days until spring (hmm with it being in the 20's here this morning that's something to look forward to!) Anyway in Sweden today is known as St. Knuts Day. Here's the info:

St. Knut's Day

In Sweden, January 13 is the traditional day to discard the Christmas tree and end the season’s festivities. A children’s party is the favored way to strip the tree of its decorations, after which the children are free to “plunder” the edible treats and small gifts placed on the tree especially for the occasion. Finally, everyone “dances” the tree out the door. Singing special songs, they pick up the tree and toss it out into the snow.

Almanac Calendar

I think I'd go crazy if I had to keep my tree up that long. I do like the idea of the day though, but let's move it back to ....ohhh Dec 30?
My decorations have long been down.

See ya next time......down on the farm! Sage

No comments: