Monday, April 6, 2009

Kitchen is done!

Well all, the kitchen is done! WHOOHOOOO! You have no idea how happy I am about that.

I'll be posting pictures on Wednesday (as right now, I'm preparing for overnight guests and just do not have the time to get them up here!)
BUT...Sage's Kitchen is OPEN again! (enjoy the site and the recipes if you get time to stop by)

I must say that this kitchen was a daunting task! I hate the paint I ended up using. Not to be 'mean' but I would never again buy Valspar paint to save me! Yes, you heard me correct..NEVER again! It promises one coat coverage..that's not true. These cabinets were sanded and painted twice with primer and it took me 3 and sometimes 4 coats to cover with the Valspar. NEVER AGAIN do you hear me..NEVER! Part of my delay in getting my kitchen done was fighting that paint for a week. Yep..A WEEK!

I will say this. Much as I hate Walmart, their Color Place and Kilz paints covered in TWO coats, and that was with only ONE coat of primer! I'm sold! Anything to make a 're-do' easier, I'm there!

Join me on Wednesday for the final pictures, with decorations even. I plan on putting pictures of the dinning room up as well so you can tell me if I combined a 'country/italian bistro' look well enough. (Dinning room is semi-italian bistro, kitchen is 'country')

See ya next time......down on the farm!

Sage

No comments: