Thursday, April 9, 2009

It's THURSDAY! That's Thrift Store day!

ohhhh lala..wanna see the treasures I found today?? You're NOT going to believe this one!

Ready?? Here goes.
What does this look like?
..
If you said a sewing machine, you're correct!
Now, take a look at how much I paid for it..
Tha'ts NOT 200.99..that's $2.99. Uhuh..sure did. So when I saw the tag, I thought..well I gotta look at least.
SO I opened the case, and peeked to see exactly what type of machine this was. Here's what I found. ....
This little baby came home with me!

Wanna know what was wrong with it?? NOTHING!..OhhK..I lied..it needs a new belt. The original one was still on it and dry-rotted!!
Other then that, this little charmer purrs like a kitten in a 3 hour nap! OH YEAH!

Of course, you know I had to do some research right??

If you're interested, take a look at a few of the sites I stumbled upon.
185K- "modern" looking version of the 99-31. minty green, sleeker lines, mechanically identical to the 99-31The “K” in Model name indicates it was made in Kilbowie, Scotland
I'll post the rest of my 'prizes' later if I get the chance, I just had to tell you about this one!
Sage!

No comments: