Thursday, April 10, 2008

Pictures that I promised

Ok, here we are..the first rows of plastic and paper put down. The first box is the Bluelake Pole beans. Remember, planted in 'steps' One half was planted weeks ago, the other 1/2 of the box, planted this week.

These boxes are appx. 2-2 1/2 ft wide and 8 ft long. I do plant two different things in them sometimes..each, with their own 4ft bed.
They are 2- 2 1/2 ft wide, because I'm short and want to be able to reach all the way across without having to change 'sides' of the box!


Long view of the four rows finished.

It's pure ease of weeding that I go through this process! Really! Who wants to weed all summer?? NOT I!




Below are the Tomatoes. This is probably one
of the ONLY veggies that I DON'T "Step Plant",
cuz when it comes to putting up Tomatoes..you
want a lot to make it worth your time!




Below are the Cucumbers..all planted in the box at the same time, but the seedlings started at different times, so I didn't have a 'run' on cucumbers all at once! LOL




And right here in this box, are Bananana Peppers. The are still very small yet. Pepper plants seem to take a long time to 'get up there' but then, never seem to stop producing!

Whew...! Now, if you scan back through the archived posts, you'll see some of these things planted 'long time ago' it seems..they were babies then!

We'll need to water tonight...so the day's gardening is not quit done yet. And there are more boxes planted and with good food coming up in them, but we'll show those another day.
HAPPY GARDENING!
Meet me at the Gate!

No comments: