Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Misty Morning


Every morning I rise from the bed and walk to the back door, to greet the day and let Maya, my Shepherd out. This morning as I looked out across the fields that surround me I was greeted with an awesome view. Coming across the fields was a thick bank of fog. My yard was as clear and crisp as any spring morning could be, washed clean from the previous nights rain. Looking across the field very nearby though I could see the edge of the mist, it's rolling and tumbling as it progressed toward me. It was beautiful, really. Like a white blanket being slowly unfolded over the land and the freshly planted crops. I poured my coffee, went back to the porch and watched as the unfolding continue. Ten minutes later, the mist had surrounded and covered everything, me and Maya included. ((sigh)) The day has begun and I have to ask myself, what am I going to do with it. Sometimes it's just enough to watch the day unfold before you to get one motivated.
I hope the day brings you much motivation to fill it any way you like. Today, I think I'll take needle and thread and weave a gift. :) Make today your gift.


No comments: