Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Let me catch you up!

It's been pretty busy around here for the past week. So busy that I didn't get a chance to post our 'one thing' Monday, so we'll call it a vacation. Also, my no techy Wednesday turned into an almost entire week, so I figure it's legal to post today! LOL
Things have been hard to do here with my arm in a sling, but alas, I keep taking it out which I know is not helping the situation, but the boy child and DIL are helping where they can so that I can try to give this 'issue' a helping hand to heal. Tendinitis is not fun.
Not all of the garden is planted, but a good many things are. Peas, strawberries, cabbage, collards, turnips, mustard, lettuce, spinach, green beans, kale, onions and radishes (plus probably a few more I can't remember!) Many of those were planted today!
The tomatoes have been transplanted into larger pots to finish  up their 'spring' growth, and more seeds added to the mix for extra.
With it being Wednesday the chicken coop had it's weekly cleaning as well.
Tonight we'll probably be planting all the squash items  (zuchinni, yellow, patty pan, acorn and pumpkin) along with some okra, cantaloupe and corn! (ok, maybe not all tonight..but at least the squash items).
Spring is always busy round a farm, small or large. If you plant a garden at all, spring, summer and fall are busy busy times, with spring and summer the most busy.
Dinner is in the oven and the rest of dinner is still needing to be prepared so I'm off to finish my days chores. Dinner & dishes, planting, watering and what not. Dinner for tonight: Oven bbq chicken, buttered noodles and green beans. I may even whip up some biscuits to go with!
G'night all ..

No comments: