Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Saturday Challenge

Let's start a weekly challenge.

Every Saturday I'll try to post the weekly challenge. Something for you to work on all week. (there may be saturdays that I don't post though..so don't flog me! consider it a vacation!)

Here's a challenge for you to do. Grab a piece of paper and a pencil. Go to the door that most of your guests enter from. Take a look as if you were a guest. What's the first thing you notice?
Is it the trash can? Maybe it's your laundry room or the kitchen. It could be your living room or an entry hall. Whatever room or section it is, take a hard look and notice what your eye keys in on first. Write it down on the paper.
Continue through the house as if you were a guest, visit the living room, the kitchen, the bathroom that guests would use and continue writing down the first things that you notice.
Now, sit down and take a good look at your list.

In my house I have backdoor guests. They enter the back door, which comes right into my laundry room, through the kitchen, into the living room which has a total open floor plan so you can see every room from there. (talk about a pain)
Taking a look at my list, I notice the laundry room in general..ALL of it, cuz it's small, then the kitchen trash can, then the kitchen as a whole, then my living room and dinning room then the guest bath.
So that's the circle I need to run.
My 1/2 hour list starts in the laundry then moves through the rooms as listed.
.

So the challenge for this week, 'the guest path'..spend 1/2 hour each day working on the guest path. See you back here next Saturday!

Remember..TRASH FIRST..then remove things that don't belong and put them in the areas they do belong. THEN you can start cleaning.

Have a great weekend!

Sage,
The Hedgewife.

No comments: